28 November, 2009

Filler

I would like so offer something of substance, but I do not have anything just yet. My next post will be a review of The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

For now, my current track review: "Ultimate Satisfaction" - Bear in Heaven.

First, for Chris, yes this is a real band name, and it is wonderful.

This is a pretty dense and complicated track to listen to, as it starts a little chaotically, perhaps only because of where it is taken out of the album. But I think the initial chaos is what makes the refrain so beautiful. When the elements all come together it is difficult not to pay attention. From the brilliantly timed (and panned) hi-hat hits to the clever and often changing synths, it is a good thing it repeats a few times throughout as it takes a repeated listen to really take in all that it has to offer. As I listen to it I find myself not placing the vocals in the forefront, whether a product of the production or a natural reaction to all the different sounds, I think it makes sense, as the whole product is really one piece. To finish, the outro does not just take up space, it evolves until its last second and in a way allows the listener to reflect on the past couple minutes, which in all, creates a delightful experience. I do hope you give it a chance.


Regards,

2 comments:

  1. we are going to make such amazing things happen together.

    Also, I'm glad you clarified the bear reference as there has been a real rash of bear misnomers in Gainesville.

    Excited about more content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, I'll do a Fantastic Mr. Fox review for you.

    Best. Movie. Ever.

    ReplyDelete