28 November, 2009

Public Opening and Purpose Statement

So, I must admit that I was a bit hasty in my beginning. And I am here now to right the ship, as they say, and begin anew. The following is, and will serve as, my...


Purpose Statement

I find it important to have one of these to begin this season of the blog. I was going to start with what I do NOT intend to do, but I am afraid that would turn into more of a personal commentary on what I think of the stereotypical blog in current culture, therefore I am offering what I do intend.

First and foremost I have established this blog to motivate myself to return to intellectual society. Not that I have left it completely, but my hope is that I can hold myself accountable, if only to myself, with this, and in doing so feel a bit better about things. The content is still a work in progress but I intend to include most of the following on a regular, or semi-regular basis.

I hope to include original literary works on a weekly or bi-weekly (perhaps more realistic) basis.
I will have some music/film/theatre reviews on a regular basis, hopefully something musical will occur naturally in every post.

As for the rest, I remain open to suggestions, and should some brilliant idea come to me I will try to add it. I do think it is reasonable to include photography from time to time, but I need to get back into the habit of it first.

I hope this will be worthwhile to some, at any rate, feel free to join me as I attempt to better myself, and keep myself sane.

Cheers to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment