03 February, 2010

February Begins And So Do We

Update

Dear readers, we have already blown through an entire month of this new year. And although it has gone by quickly, I feel alive. More-so than years past. This truly is a year for following your dreams and accomplishing things that you have put off in the past. It is slightly discomforting, but I cannot help but feel that the end will be worth it. So take heart, if any of you are feeling concerned, or uneasy. Things are never as bad as they seem, and although it often appears that we have no choice in this life, ultimately we are the controlling factor. And there is always a choice.

My associates and I attended a fabulous Lost-themed event last night. It was really a sight to behold. Free island-inspired cocktails from 7-8, a Lost-themed band (including a sing-a-long refrain "I once was found, but now I'm lost, and all my friends are dead" right before the show began) and comedy show (though horrible) 8-9, and then two hours of glorious t.v., the likes of which no movie could best. The venue (The Bell House, in Brooklyn) had every little detail in place, even down to the replica Oceanic Air raffle tickets (I may have to take a picture of this to prove it, I didn't believe it either). The show was great, and no doubt was aided by the crowd. They were (maybe 400 or so) at once enthusiastic and thoughtful. No word was missed, but there was plenty of cheering. Taking an emotional ride the likes of two hours of Lost, with 400 strangers joined by a common interest is such a great feeling. And only in New York. I am sure there were Lost parties elsewhere. But how could they compete? Next step is to call my dear friend C. Ryan Fields for an update.

Good luck with the rest of the week,

No comments:

Post a Comment