29 January, 2010

Into Poverty I Go (Deeper)

Reality

I will be leaving my 'cushy' full time position with Express LLC. This will happen in two weeks. And by leaving I mean stepping into a part-time position so as to have control of my schedule. And therefore, my destiny. It was pay week this week. Which is usually so exciting. Except that the large majority is already written off to rent. And by large I mean, well, I am afraid to calculate the percentage. It may be above the ninety range. At any rate, I do not need money to be happy, but I would like to eat. And live. I am hoping that at least one of those things will be solved by leaving the retail front. But the point is, that I am already starting to fear the decision I have made. Will I be able to survive out there in the cold? I certainly stand to make more money, but while it is not guaranteed each two weeks to produce a paycheck, I think I may have entered the most impoverished time of my life. Which is exciting in a way. Half because it rather suits me being poor. Half because leaving Express could be wonderful for my mental health. I think I have reached previously unreachable levels of unappreciatedness (apologies for the created word), while employed there. So take rest, dear reader, if ever (read: when) you are unappreciated, know that there has been someone before you that has endured worse (possibly, I wouldn't dare make that claim without knowing the circumstances, of course).

Because of this poverty, I have stopped eating. Which suits me as well.

That may be all I have for now.

Cheers,

G. Alan Busch Jr.

Post Script. Traveling to Brooklyn today over the water (via bridge, the Q train) I was inspired. It may have something to do with listening to A.A. Bondy while in the train. His particular brand of folk just reminds me of the road (do listen to his latest album "When The Devil's Loose", or at the very least, its opening track "The Mightiest of Guns"). If I do not get out there soon I fear I may perish. On the spot.

2 comments:

  1. you are too good to not be appreciated you know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you probably know that out of everyone you know I can relate to the unappreciatedness (NICE) and poverty ha. Good luck with that- I wish you success.

    ReplyDelete