19 January, 2010

Making Our Way Through

Documentary.

Crunch time has arrived at Dean St. Studio (the name I just invented for our apartment). Dan Towne Hall has announced his official departure date as January 31st. It pains me to say that he will be leaving us. But over the next two weeks there will be many distractions. First and foremost we are attempting to finish all the recording we have left so that I might be able to mix the tracks after he leaves, and through the magic of the interwebs, come to an agreement on the mixes, and finally have a worthy copy of these songs that have been on our minds for nearly six months now. It is exciting to me because I think every time I have attempted to record something by myself I never end up seeing the completed product. And I feel (and hope) that we will be proud of the result. I know that I will be excited to share it when it is done.

I will update this post at a later date with a photograph or two of our newly arranged apartment. With the advent of Christopher B. Hiatt moving in, it took a little work (and a free bed courtesy of Sarah E. Ruff) and a little Ikea, but we are excited about the newfound space. For now, as a teaser, let us just say that we comfortably fit three beds into our bedroom. And over the next three weeks we will be hosting various siblings and guests in our living room. It is an interesting time in Brooklyn. And 2010 still looks promising.

Edit: Days later, I get around to locating the internet. And having thought ahead to upload some new photographs, have arrived to add the promised media.







From Top:

One. Look at how perplexed our face is.
Two. Out of focus. I cannot help but like it even though it shows nothing.
Three. New shoe racks. Maybe the best addition.
Four. Living area. Although it has already changed to house more tenants, note the new shelf on the left wall. Now stop looking at it. It is ours.
Five. New bed install. New arrangement. Three mattresses in one room. Beneath photo lies Dan, sort of 'L' shape with the new bed. So he is half underneath our mini-loft. The pillow at the top of photo is the head of the third bed. I don't have to mention the hanging solution that sections off the room. Multi-purpose. Multi-faceted. Multi-mate.

Cheers,

G. Alan Busch Jr.

Post script. I recently decided that I am going to be famous. Maybe this is the year.

Post post script. I love wordplay. I may be addicted. Also this post has given me formatting headaches. It feels like an ice cream headache made of paragraphs.

Post post post script. Christopher B. Hiatt found ourselves at Bryant Park on one of the last days of the free ice skating rink. The line was long, and we were busy, but it was nice to see.


2 comments:

  1. 1. I can't wait to see photos of the Studio.
    2. I'm glad you're going to be famous, because I have LOTS of pictures of us and can make the plebeians jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're never gonna be famous, not if I have anything to do with it! You're gonna be infamous you hear me!

    -Adam

    P.S. we're really cross-blogging now

    ReplyDelete